Thursday, July 31, 2014

Misty Appalachia

"Misty Appalachia" © 2014 J. Travis Duncan
I had posted previously about trying to paint daily, or at least 5 times a week until I reached a total of 30 paintings. The key word was "try". None of us truly know what the next day brings, much less the next hour. Life outside of painting has had a slight of a shocker for me and my family; my father had a heart attack, was eventually released from the hospital, and then had to go back when his kidney (he's a transplant recipient) wouldn't function properly. Thankfully, he is back home, but he seems worse off now than before he went in for the second stay at the hospital. Now, I'm not looking for pity. However, I will gladly accept prayer for my family. I thank you in advance for those prayers.

Getting back into my groove, I haven't had time to procrastinate. Slowly, but surely, I am starting to get some commissioned work. This is a major answer to prayer. One of the pieces needed to be completely soon in order to be shipped off to Florida. It is a palette knife acrylic painting on a 16x20 canvas panel. My client wanted a painting of the Appalachian Mountains, which I believe are some of the most beautiful examples of God's creation. I figured I would create a misty morning with some pale purple and blue mountains in the background with rolling foothills covered in beautiful autumn colored trees in the foreground. I had a lot of fun with this piece. It is very loose, but I feel that it represented the subject matter in a great way. I'm looking forward to this getting to its destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment