Wednesday, July 2, 2014

You Make The Call

Barn In The Field © 2014 J. Travis Duncan
I'm trying to paint at least five (5) small paintings a week until I reach a total of 30. Today, I was having some trouble thinking of what to paint. Don't get me wrong, I have some ideas for a few pieces, but I wasn't ready to start on them. So, I did what most people do in a jam; I asked for advice.

I had a few ideas thrown at me, but didn't know where to start them as well. However, when I spoke to my friend, Ryon Collins, he reminded me that, over a month ago, he had sent me a picture to paint. It was one of those "Oh yeah" moments. From there, I grabbed the palette knife, set my son up with some paints of his own and the two of us went to work on our little canvases. From the looks of his painting table, he went a little heavier on the impasto than I did, but I'll keep that photo for my own personal collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment